Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Shaking out a measure



The call came at an unexpected time and certainly from an unexpected person.  It was a call that screamed she cared.  And in the midst of a self-centered pity party that has gone on way too long, she shook me.

She made me think of just one year prior when we all went on retreat.  And we spoke of being shaken. 

“Give, and it will be given to you.  They will pour into your lap a good measure – pressed down, shaken together, and running over.  For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.”  Luke 6:38 (NASB)

Even the house shook.  We felt it.  We commented on it.  None of us will forget the shaking.



We gathered pearls that weekend.  Pearls of goodness.  Pearls of truth.  Precious moments of revelation.

And she shook me.  She reminded me that it isn’t about me at all.  It is about her and you and any other that may need to hear some good news. 

For the ones sitting in the hospital waiting on more tests.  For the ones that received the result of a test and it might not have been what they wanted to hear.  For the ones, like me, that just can’t seem to pull it together on their own.

For the ONE who can meet each one in each moment of need. 

So, she reminded me that there is a greater purpose for each of us.  She reminded me of days gone by.  She reminded me that we are here to serve God.

Such a great measure to share!

Are you sharing yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any shared words. Comments are moderated and may or may not appear to public.