Monday, January 22, 2018

Residence



I drape a blanket over my shoulders.  It brings comfort from the cool morning air. 

I wake and rise to click keys.  It brings comfort from the jumbled thoughts in my brain.

I pray to God.  He brings comfort to a troubled soul.

And as I pray, I list Who He Is.

Shelter.  Thinking of this old blanket bringing warmth.  This old thing can’t hold a candle to His Shelter.

Provider.  It goes much farther than physical provisions.  He is the Provider of my salvation.

Resident.  Ah-ha.  Yes.  R.E.S.I.D.E.N.T.  His Holy Spirit is a resident inside me. 

I like a clean house.  I enjoy a neat, tidy space to dwell.  Not that my house is a picture of this at all!!  But I do enjoy it.  Everything in its place.  Because there is a place for everything.  When I go to grab a mug for coffee, I want to know that it is in the same place each time. 

I am a resident in my house.  I get to decide if the laundry gets done.  And if it doesn’t there are no clean clothes to wear.  And without clean clothes I just might stink.

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?  1 Corinthians 6:19 (NASB)

Am I keeping a tidy space for the Creator of the universe?  Or am I hoarding junk that keeps His residence in shambles?  I have some house-cleaning to do.  What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any shared words. Comments are moderated and may or may not appear to public.