Thursday, January 25, 2018

Protection power



Who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  1 Peter 1:5 (NASB)

My doors get locked.

I wear a seatbelt.

Sunscreen is a must.

I even set an alarm for security.

I watch my surroundings when out and about.

If the dogs bark outside, I look out the window with caution and a pounding heart.

None of these things protect me.  Not really.

The seatbelt may have held tight if that young man on the phone would have rear-ended me last week.  I saw him miles back at a stop sign.  Eyes glued to the tiny screen.  I wanted to stop then and approach his window and ask him just what he was doing. 

Then when smoking tires left black streaks on the pavement behind me I really wanted to stop, get out, and give him a good mama-talking!  Looking over the top of my glasses!!  Jaw clinched tight!!

But I didn’t.

I prayed.  Prayed for his and others protection.  Physical protection.  But then remembering physical protection doesn’t give eternal protection.

The power of those brakes to slow a car wasn’t the only power on display in that moment. 

The saving power of God was there.  At least for me. 

Do you know if you are “protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation?”  Are you ready for that revelation in the last time?  Are you sharing with others that saving power?

There is a protection plan much better than any insurance you can buy.

If you have it, share it.

If you need it, seek it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any shared words. Comments are moderated and may or may not appear to public.