Friday, April 28, 2017

Moving on

Wrapping up nearly a decade.  Can you loan me a box or storage unit to hold everything from the past ten years?  A life-changing mission trip.  Watching cancer devour my mother.  Knowing what courage is to speak in front of people, boldly.  The first child’s high school graduation.  The first child’s college graduation.  The first child’s marriage.  The second child’s high school graduation.  The third child’s lifetime.  My man by my side the whole time enduring me!  A job.  Not just a job, a friend-maker.

It comes to an end today.  The job, that is.  This chapter is closing.  Some things I want to remember.  Others, not so much. 

I will make that final presentation today.  I will close the door of this chapter and say farewells.  But I am leaving some stuff undone.  I don’t remember having this feeling upon leaving other jobs.  Most certainly peace I can’t describe but deep concern for the continuance of what I am leaving; for who I am leaving.  They have become family.

So farewell.  You have left a permanent mark on my life.  I am leaving better than when I started.  Thank you for the last ten years.  My continued prayers and thoughts will remain with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any shared words. Comments are moderated and may or may not appear to public.